Sudden freeze on D12
issueid=2910 04-29-2014 10:37 AM
Number of reported issues by Joe: 7
Sudden freeze on D12
I was exploring D12 when the game suddenly freezes.

Character was a Hurthling Bard. I had no companions with (left my pet in Terinyo) and was exploring below DT looking for a Stone Giant. While walking in a very long corridor I got to some room when the game suddenly froze without any warning. In the room where some herbs, a snake of some sort and another creature which I have forgotten about but which was fairly common. I was playing in tile mode and hadn't noticed anything special on the level so far.
No error or anything was generated and my character is gone. Very much a pity because it was a very lucky bard with AWESOME skills, decent equipment and a RoDS and PoEdu in the pocket! Also thrown rocks level 9 ftw ;)

I have no idea what could cause it: maybe a boss monsters or statue or some such thing? I did have the si but no other artifacts, also didn't do any tagging in my inventory or anything. All settings were basically just standard.
/edit: I had to kill the game with task manager. No error report or anything was generated.
Issue Details
Issue Number 2910
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows XP (NotEye)
Status Duplicate
Priority 2
Affected Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 22
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

04-29-2014 10:55 AM
After looking around a bit I think this might have caused it. I was about to enter the room and I think it went into an endless loop when generating a special room message.

04-30-2014 06:42 AM
Administrator
Yes, it was probably a cookie related room message. Should be fixed by issue 2899.

05-10-2014 04:33 PM
We have a save game that I think exhibits this freeze if you enter the room to the right, thanks to Jouni: http://ancardia.us.to/tmp/Vorhat.svg
1.2.0p22 Debian 32-bit non-noteye
Game freezes and CPU spikes to 100% of one core

05-11-2014 07:56 AM
I've just encountered the same thing where buying an ale from the Dwarftown Innkeeper freezes the game in this manner. Fortunately I'd just saved and the .bak works just fine. Let me know if you want this save for any reason.

+ Reply