Thread: Dak and Royal guards not having attack prompts

Default Dak and Royal guards not having attack prompts

So ive managed to once again die to attacking mobs that i think should have attack prompts first time i died was to Dak when i accidentally shot him the second time was to a royal guard that i accidentally walked into when trying to clear out his vault. are these mobs that should have attack prompts or are they meant to behave in this way

Royal guards actually go hostile when clearing out their vault, since p21
    (see http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=2636)

Shooting definitely should have an attack prompt, right now it doesn't. I posted such a YASD recently. Aww, my poor beastfighter -_-

Just encountered one of the new buff royal guards and they are nasty! Plenty of gold though

With regards to Dak: this is a pretty serious bug endemic to p23. http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=2963

You should add your experience to that post. It needs to get enough visibility for TB to notice.

wasn't it the same in p20? iirc it didn't have the prompt for shooting peaceful dudes either but i'm not sure

No, it was not the same. This is an issue I've tracked since 1.1.1 days - it used to prompt, even when shooting neutral or hostile monsters (and give an inappropriate alignment drop), now it doesn't prompt at all. (it should just prompt for the same situations as melee)

Quote Originally Posted by mewmew View Post
    wasn't it the same in p20? iirc it didn't have the prompt for shooting peaceful dudes either but i'm not sure
    you could by pass the prompt by aiming past the mob you wanted to hit this also negated the alignment drop as you weren't actually targeting the mob and just happened to hit in on "accident"
    now as dogbreath pointed out you can target mobs and fire on them without a prompt and this is something that i think might be unintended but not sure. i think Dak is only non-hostile instead of friendly so i can kind of see where attacking him would not trigger a prompt but i haven't run into the issue except in p23 but i didnt go around shooting people alot in the past so cant say for sure

There is literally no prompt for anyone. You can shoot townspeople, companions, pets, shopkeepers, whoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenshire View Post
    you could by pass the prompt by aiming past the mob you wanted to hit this also negated the alignment drop as you weren't actually targeting the mob and just happened to hit in on "accident"
    now as dogbreath pointed out you can target mobs and fire on them without a prompt and this is something that i think might be unintended but not sure. i think Dak is only non-hostile instead of friendly so i can kind of see where attacking him would not trigger a prompt but i haven't run into the issue except in p23 but i didnt go around shooting people alot in the past so cant say for sure
    oh, i see

IMO there should be a prompt in both cases because those monsters who you shoot turn hostile anyway, also that Dogbreath's report about accidentally hitting a shopkeeper aiming to a mimic and my case about accidentally shooting a horrifyingly powerful pet aiming to a monster it's targeting past them, not targeting them.